The Denton A. Cooley, MD and Ralph C. Cooley, DDS University Life Center is available for university gatherings, professional conferences, distance learning programs, and other special events. The center can be used as one large room, or partitioned into a variety of smaller room sizes to accommodate the organizer’s needs. Up to six rooms can be available at one time.
In addition to the meeting rooms, there are several common areas that may be reserved for pre- or post-event activities or meeting breaks: the 1,900-square-foot Lobby, the covered outdoor Patio, and the open outdoor Courtyard. Since multiple events may take place at the Cooley Center simultaneously, it is essential that you request any need for exclusive use of these spaces when making your reservation.
Gallery of Rooms and Spaces - Gallery PDF
Sample Room Layouts - Layouts PDF
Room layouts will be customized according to the organizer’s specifications. Available furniture includes large round banquet tables, small round cocktail tables, small round café tables, and rectangular tables or for classroom layouts. A number of chair styles are available as well.
Each meeting room is furnished with a presentation podium that is equipped with a PC, DVD player, gooseneck microphone and a touch panel to manage your presentation and room lighting. Each podium also has built-in connections for an additional PC, laptop, DVD player, or digital visual presenter. For the convenience of participants, wireless connectivity is available throughout the Cooley Center.
The Lobby of the Cooley Center has a digital signage system with two display monitors as well as an audio system featuring a chime to signal meeting times and a microphone for event announcements.
Additional technology services available at the Cooley Center include:
- Audio System: Each room features high quality ceiling speakers for voice reinforcement and program audio playback. A variety of microphones are available (lapel, wireless handheld, and wired) to accommodate individual speakers and/or panel discussions.
- Video Projection: Each room is equipped with a high-resolution ceiling-mounted video projector and recessed electric projection screen.
- Lecture Capture: The Cooley Center has high definition pan/tilt zoom cameras and Accordent Capture Stations for archiving presentations.
- Teleconferencing / Videoconferencing / Webcasting: The technology features of the Cooley Center can be integrated to enable live dissemination of event proceedings and distance connectivity (advance arrangements required).
The Catering Kitchen is available to support food and beverage service for Cooley Center events. The kitchen contains refrigerators, warming cabinets, microwaves, ice maker, double sink, and a stainless steel counter for food preparation. The kitchen may be used only if reserved in advance.
For reservations or more information, please contact Auxiliary Enterprises at
(713) 486-4453 or email@example.com.