UTHealth re-launches Distinctions
After a three-year hiatus, Distinctions is returning as a monthly online publication. Distinctions will feature the top news from around The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), highlighting distinctive people, achievements, advances and philanthropy.
Turley endows scholarship for global health
James. P. Turley, PhD, RN, retired associate professor at UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics (SBMI), and an associate professor at UTHealth School of Nursing for nine years, recently formalized a planned gift of $1 million to create the Lillian Eriksen Memorial Endowed Scholarship for Global Health at the School of Nursing.
UTHealth Medical School seniors meet their match
With four years of medical school almost behind them, more than 230 excited students at UTHealth Medical School found out Friday, March 21 where they will begin the next phase of their medical training. Almost half will remain in Texas for at least the first year of their residencies and 23 percent will train right here at UTHealth.
- Ryans honor son's love of medicine after tragic loss
- Heideman's legacy honors nurses
- McGovern book proceeds support UTHealth Medical School
endowed student scholarship fund
- Development Board members attend 'A Morning of Engagement'
- Denton Cooley: Following the heart
- Early detection of Alzheimer's disease may be found in spinal fluid
- Depression, anxiety linked to poor diabetes management among
Mexican Americans along US-Mexico border
- Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Outreach Council hosts
community Science Night
- UTHealth hosts free oral, head and neck cancer screening April 24
- Free 'Stomp Out Stroke! Festival of Life' held May 3 at Discovery Green
Honors & Accolades
- Debbie Norris, Jorge Zambra and Mary Ann Smith, PhD, receive
2014 UTHealth President's Awards for Leadership
- Tom Nguyen, MD, named to ACC Surgeon's Council
- Ronald P. Rapini, MD, has been appointed holder of the Marvin E. Chernosky, MD, Endowed Distinguished Chair in Dermatology
- Baha M. Sibai, MD, receives Lifetime Achievement Award
This Month in HealthLEADER
- What Went Wrong?: Preventing surgical complications is a top priority for health care in the U.S.
- (Not So) Simple Tastes: Taste buds are a part of who we are - and who we might become
- Teens and Pills: What Every Parent Should Know: Part two of a two-part series on prescription drugs
- Prescription Medications: Q & A with Dr. Grant Fowler: Part one of a two-part series on prescription drugs