Internal Review Process
From time to time, granting agencies and foundations will restrict the number of proposals they will accept from any one institution. The Executive Vice President for Academic & Research Affairs (EVPARA) has instituted the following Limited Submission pre-application process for such programs:
- Investigators interested in any of the programs noted below must submit a pre-application packet to email@example.com by the specified internal deadline. Each pre-application packet should include the following:
- A letter of interest;
- The investigator's NIH Biosketch; and
- A brief (2-page) description of their proposed research to include how the research meets the sponsor's criteria for this award.
- If the number of interested investigators exceeds allowable proposals, a committee comprised of the school Associate Deans for Research will review the pre-applications and recommend the best qualified applicant(s) to the EVPARA.
- The EVPARA will communicate results of the selection process to both the investigators and the Office of Sponsored Projects.
- Selected investigators are then responsible for submitting a full proposal to the sponsor by the program deadline.
Please note that we make every effort to identify and post limited submission competitions on this web site as they become available. If you become aware of an limited opportunity that is not listed below, please send an email to Deanne Hernandez with the pertinent information.
*UPDATED* If a faculty member identifies a funding opportunity for which UTHealth is only allowed a limited number of applications, he/she should contact Deanne Hernandez in the Office of Academic and Research Affairs (ARA) as soon as possible (713-500-3192).
- If ARA is contacted two months or more in advance of the agency’s submission deadline, an internal competition will be announced on this page (www.uthouston.edu/evpara/funding.htm) and held as noted above to select the UTHealth nominee(s).
- If ARA is contacted less than two months before the agency’s application deadline the UTHealth nominee(s) will be selected on a first come, first served basis, i.e., the first faculty member to contact ARA will be the UTHealth nominee.
There are no active limited submission programs at this time. Please continue to check this page for updates.