General Forms for all Non-immigrant Visa Holders


  • OIA Check-In Form - Required to be completed by all NEW international visitors, students, researchers, trainees or employees joining UTHealth on any non-immigrant visa or temporary Employment Authorization Document (EAD, B , F, J, H-1B, O, TN, etc.). 

Change of Address:


  • OIA Check-Out-Form - Required to be completed by all foreign nationals on a non-immigrant visa when leaving UTHealth.

Texas Department of Public Safety (TxDPS)

DPS Announced New Residency Requirements For Driver Licenses, Identification Cards, effective May 7, 2012.

All new applicants will also be required to present two acceptable documents containing the applicant’s name and address to establish proof of residency in the state of Texas.

To meet the residency requirement for an original identification card or driver license, an applicant must:

    • Reside in Texas for at least 30 days prior to application
    • Present two acceptable documents establishing proof of residency, one of which must demonstrate the applicant has lived in Texas at least 30 days

The 30-day requirement is waived for applicants who surrender a valid, unexpired out-of-state driver license, but two documents establishing proof of residency are still required.

For a complete list of acceptable residency documents and additional details, please visit

For a complete list of identification requirements for a Texas Driver's License or identification card visit

Applying for a Driver's License or a State Identification Card - SEVP Fact Sheet, as of 01-17-2012.

Did You Know?

The Economic Benefits of International Students to the U.S. Economy Academic Year 2011-2012. International Students Contribute about $21.8 Billion to U.S. Economy

Power Point Presentations

F-1 Employment Options - presentation - March 26, 2012

SPH New International Students Orientation session presentation - Jan 5, 2012

New in The United States, the State of Texas, and/or the Texas Medical Center?

Whichever the visa status category, you will benefit from learning the following information prior to coming to the United States and as you are joining UTHealth:

Visiting and living in Houston:

Click here for links to additional resources

Contact us for assistance related to relocating to Houston and visiting UTHealth 

Social Security Administration (SSA)

Social Security Number — Information on how and when you can obtain a Social Security Number. 

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

Tax Information for Foreign Students and Scholars — Foreigners temporarily present in the United States as students, scholars, teachers, researchers, exchange visitors, and cultural exchange visitors are subject to special rules with respect to the taxation of their income. This web page contains extensive information on the rules and requirements for those individuals. 

The time to prepare a U.S. Income Tax Return is back!

Thank you CPA Mr. Mark Brockman for your workshop on

International Students and Scholars Tax

February 28, 2012

Resources from the workshop:

Department administrators seeking information regarding visas, please contact the Office of International Affairs by calling our front desk at 713-500-3176, e-mailing us to or contact the appropriate International Visitor Advisor /support staff.

This section provides Helpful Links to faculty and administrators in understanding visas in general and other miscellaneous topics related to foreign nationals visiting, studying, training, and working while in the U.S. in clinical, research and/or academic and teaching endeavors.