UTHealth Expert List
Anne Dougherty, M.D.
- Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Vice President, Human Research Protection Programs, UTHealth
- Executive Chair, Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects, UTHealth
Anne Dougherty, M.D., is a cardiac electrophysiologist whose clinical interests include cardiac pacing, defibrillation and ablation of cardiac arrhythmias. Her research includes preventing early cardiac death with an automatic defibrillator vest and cardiovascular effects of cocaine.
Jennifer M. Gonzalez, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Services, UTHealth School of Public Health Dallas Regional Campus
Jennifer M. Gonzalez, Ph.D., specializes in criminal epidemiology, violent behavior, and intimate partner violence, as well as addiction and substance abuse. She can also discuss substance abuse in minority groups.
Previous interview: http://go.uth.edu/KERA_identity
Scott Lane, Ph.D.
- Professor, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Vice Chair for Research, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Laboratory Director, Center for Neurobehavioral Research on Addictions (CNRA), McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director of Research, UT Harris County Psychiatric Center
Scott Lane, Ph.D., specializes in substance use disorders, antisocial personality disorders, psychopharmacology, aggression, decision making, impulsivity and working memory.
Cheryl Perry, Ph.D.
- Regional Dean, UTHealth School of Public Health Austin Regional Campus
- Rockwell Distinguished Chair in Society and Health, UTHealth
- Professor, Department of Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences, UTHealth School of Public Health Austin Regional Campus
Cheryl Perry, Ph.D., can speak about developing, implementing and evaluating health promotion programs for children and adolescents. In particular, her research interests include smoking and alcohol use prevention, healthy eating and physical activity; school-based, peer, family, and community programs. Perry was one of the lead investigators of the original CATCH main trial and can discuss the development of successful childhood obesity prevention programs. Perry served as the senior scientific editor and lead author of the report of the Surgeon General’s 2012 Tobacco Report.
Previous Interview: http://go.uth.edu/a5ugbwtk
Joy Schmitz, Ph.D.
- Louis A. Fallaice, M.D., Professor, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director, Center for Neurobehavioral Research on Addictions
Joy Schmitz, Ph.D., specializes in the treatment of substance use disorders using behavior therapy and pharmacotherapy. Her clinical research includes treatments for cocaine and major depression; smoking cessation; bipolar disorder and substance abuse; and alcohol abuse.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/IZ8des