UTHealth Expert List
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Michael Assel, Ph.D.
- Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Children’s Learning Institute, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Staff Psychologist, Dan L. Duncan Children's Neurodevelopment Clinic, Children’s Learning Institute, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
Michael Assel, Ph.D., evaluates children with a range of developmental differences and is co-investigator of several studies funded by the Texas Education Agency and the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Assel specializes in learning disabilities, children’s behavior, child development, adolescent issues and behavior, pervasive developmental disorders, language delays, attention deficit disorder and the effects of early maternal interaction behaviors. Assel is also available to discuss how to talk with children about approaching storms.
Andrew Harper, M.D.
- Medical Director, University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center
- Professor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Vice Chair of Education, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Assistant Dean for Educational Programs, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
Andrew Harper, M.D., specializes in child and adolescent inpatient care, telepsychiatry, impulsivity and aggression and mood disorders in children and adolescents.