UTHealth Expert List
Disability / Rehabilitation
Lex Frieden, M.D., LL.D. (hon)
- Professor of Biomedical Informatics, UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics
- UT Chancellor’s Health Fellow on Disability
- Professor of Rehabilitation, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (adjunct), Baylor College of Medicine
- Director of Independent Living Research Utilization (ILRU), TIRR Memorial Hermann
Lex Frieden, M.D., LL.D. (hon), specializes in disability informatics, independent living, community-based service systems, disability rights, rehabilitation technology and robotics, consumer empowerment and health care access, effectiveness and costs.
Nneka Ifejika, M.D., M.P.H.
- Director of Neurorehabilitation, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
- Associate Professor, Departments of Neurology and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Attending Physician, Mischer Neuroscience Institute, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Nneka Ifejika, M.D., M.P.H., specializes in neurorehabilitation, with an emphasis on stroke and multiple sclerosis. Her clinical interests include addressing health disparities and stroke outcomes with the long term goal of improving disability in high risk populations. Her research includes interventions and medications that affect post-acute stroke outcomes and long-term rehabilitation outcomes.
Paul Schulz, M.D.
- Professor of Neurology, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director, Dementia and Memory Disorders, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director, Dementia Program, Mischer Neuroscience Institute at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Paul Schulz, M.D., specializes in diagnosing and treating neuropsychiatric disorders, such as dementia, that may produce cognitive, behavioral or mood symptoms. His research interests include the early diagnosis and prevention of dementia, the treatment of Alzheimer’s, the causes and treatment of frontotemporal dementia, and the neurologic complications of post-traumatic stress disorder. He is affiliated with the Mischer Neuroscience Institute and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center.
Previous Interview: http://abcn.ws/JF0Dsz
Mark Wilde, Psy.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Board certified, American Board of Professional Psychology
- Sees patients at UT Physicians at Bellaire and in the rehabilitation unit at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Mark C. Wilde, Psy.D., is a neuropsychologist who can discuss the cognitive and behavioral consequences of traumatic brain injury (TBI), stroke and other medical conditions. His research includes studies on TBI and stroke outcome.