UTHealth Expert List
Michael Assel, Ph.D.
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics, UTHealth Medical School
- Staff Psychologist, Dan L. Duncan Children's Neurodevelopment Clinic, Children’s Learning Institute
Michael Assel, Ph.D., evaluates children with a range of developmental differences and is co-investigator of several studies funded by the Texas Education Agency and the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Assel specializes in learning disabilities, children’s behavior, child development, adolescent issues and behavior, pervasive developmental disorders, language delays, attention deficit disorder and the effects of early maternal interaction behaviors. Assel is also available to discuss how to talk with children about approaching storms.
Pamela Berens, M.D.
- Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, UTHealth Medical School
Pamela Berens, M.D., specializes in obstetrics, gynecology, birth control options, menopause and breastfeeding. She is the contributing author and editor of the Physician Pocket Guide to Breastfeeding, published by the Texas Department of Health; and contributing author of What About Me: A Girl’s Guide to Health, published by The Women’s Fund for Health, Education and Research.
Previous Interview: http://abcn.ws/pnyeGn
Richard Bradley, M.D.
- Chief of the Division of EMS and Disaster Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Director of the UTHealth Fellowship in Emergency Medical Services
- Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
Richard Bradley, M.D., specializes in emergency medical services and out-of-hospital care, disaster medicine, military medicine and injury prevention.
Previous Interview: http://abcn.ws/IhesOj
Ian Butler, M.D.
- Director, Division of Pediatric & Adolescent Neurology, UTHealth Medical School
- Adriana Blood Professor in Neurology
Ian J. Butler, M.D., specializes in pediatric stroke, seizures, headaches, autism, developmental disorders, neuromuscular disorders, Tourette Syndrome, movement disorders, and neurocardiogenic syncope with dysautonomia. He can also discuss neurological complications from infectious diseases. He is an attending physician at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and a consulting neurologist at Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and Shriners Hospital for Children-Houston.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/IL9GZ0
Herbert DuPont, M.D.
- Director, Center for Infectious Diseases, The University of Texas School of Public Health, a part of UTHealth
- Professor of Infectious Diseases, UT School of Public Health
- Mary W. Kelsey Chair of Medical Sciences, UTHealth Medical School
- Chief, Internal Medicine Service, St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital
Herbert L. DuPont, M.D., specializes in epidemiology, treatment and prevention of acute diarrhea; travel medicine, vaccinations and tropical climate diseases.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/bQEorA
Carmel Dyer, M.D.
- Roy M. and Phyllis Gough Huffington Chair in Gerontology, UTHealth Medical School
- Professor and Executive Vice-Chairman of Internal Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Director, Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Executive Director of the Consortium on Aging, UTHealth
- Chief of Staff, Harris Health System Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital
- Director, UT Center for Healthy Aging
Carmel Dyer, M.D., specializes in the care of older adults and is nationally recognized for her work in elder mistreatment and self neglect.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/pu6H8S
Robert Emery, Dr.PH.
- Vice President of Safety, Health, Environment and Risk Management, UTHealth
- Associate Professor of Occupational Health, The University of Texas School of Public Health, part of UTHealth
Robert Emery, Dr.PH., specializes in safety issues associated with disaster preparedness, radiation safety hazards, industrial safety, occupational health risks and disaster response.
Previous Interview: http://abcn.ws/IwbSRL
Susan Fisher-Hoch, M.D.
- Professor of Epidemiology, The University of Texas School of Public Health Brownsville Regional Campus, a part of UTHealth
Susan P. Fisher-Hoch, M.D., is one of the world's leading virologists. Fisher-Hoch is able to discuss the influenza virus, viral outbreaks, tropical medicine, diabetes, health disparities, medical virology and infectious diseases such as hepatitis C, typhoid and hemorrhagic fever.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/IvMlWu
Lex Frieden, M.D., LL.D. (hon)
- Professor of Biomedical Informatics, UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics
- UT Chancellor’s Health Fellow on Disability
- Professor of Rehabilitation, UTHealth Medical School
- Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (adjunct), Baylor College of Medicine
- Director of Independent Living Research Utilization (ILRU) at TIRR Memorial Hermann
Lex Frieden, M.D., LL.D. (hon), specializes in disability informatics, independent living, community-based service systems, disability rights, rehabilitation technology and robotics, consumer empowerment and health care access, effectiveness and costs.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/nk0Fcb
Brent King, M.D.
- Chairman, Department of Emergency Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Service Chief, Emergency Medicine, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center Emergency Center and Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital Emergency Center
- Executive Vice Dean for Clinical Affairs, UTHealth Medical School
Brent King, M.D. specializes in emergency medicine, pediatric emergency medicine and general healthcare topics.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/qCd9us
James McCarthy, M.D.
- Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Medical Director, Emergency Center at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
James McCarthy, M.D., can discuss adult and pediatric care, post-disaster related emergencies, and medical needs of patients with chronic medical needs during disasters. He can also discuss common minor emergencies, heat safety as well as injury prevention.
Previous Interview: http://go.uth.edu/ee3thcrb
Luis Ostrosky, M.D., FACP, FIDSA
- Professor, Internal Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Associate Director, Infectious Diseases Fellowship, UTHealth Medical School
- Medical Director for Epidemiology, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Luis Z. Ostrosky, M.D. FACP, FIDSA, specializes in infectious diseases, hospital epidemiology, infection control, and fungal infections. Dr. Ostrosky is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Elda Ramirez, Ph.D., RN, FNP-BC, FAANP
- Director, Simulation and Clinical Performance Laboratory, UTHealth School of Nursing
- Associate Professor of Clinical Nursing, Department of Acute and Continuing Care, UTHealth School of Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner, Department of Emergency Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
Elda Ramirez, Ph.D., RN, FNP-BC, FAANP, specializes in adult, pediatric and geriatric care. She is available to discuss acute care, emergency care; heat exhaustion and dehydration, common minor emergencies, injury prevention and Hispanic health issues. Ramirez is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/KhxbV1
Carlos Roldan, M.D.
- Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
Carlos Roldan, M.D. specializes in adult and pediatric care. He is available to discuss emergency care, heat exhaustion, safety and injury prevention and common minor emergencies. He can also address pain management, environmental emergencies, tropical diseases and variety of other topics. Roldan is available for interviews in English and Spanish.