UTHealth Expert List
Dean Sittig, Ph.D.
- Professor and holder of the Christopher Sarofim Family Professorship in Biomedical Informatics and Bioengineering at UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics
- Member of the UTHealth-Memorial Hermann Center for Healthcare Quality & Safety
- Elected Fellow in The American College of Medical Informatics
- Investigator with the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality funded Clinical Decision Support Consortium
Dean Sittig, Ph.D., focuses on the design, development, implementation and evaluation of all aspects of clinical information systems. Sittig is working to improve the understanding of both the factors that lead to success, as well as the unintended consequences associated with computer-based clinical decision support and provider order entry systems.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/qbUgAg
Eric Thomas, M.D., M.P.H.
- Professor of Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director, The University of Texas-Memorial Hermann Center for Healthcare Quality and Safety
Eric J. Thomas, M.D., M.P.H., has conducted research on patient safety since 1992 and his work was heavily cited in the Institute of Medicine's landmark report on medical errors. His current research focuses on diagnostic errors, measuring safety culture, measuring and improving teamwork, and the use of health information technology to improve quality and safety. In 2007, he received the John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award for Research from the National Quality Forum and Joint Commission.