UTHealth Expert List
Prashant Gajwani, M.D.
- Associate Professor and Vice Chairman of Clinical Affairs, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, UTHealth Medical School
Prashant Gajwani, M.D., specializes in complex psychopharmacological management of bipolar disorder, treating depression and anxiety, and managing patients who require multiple medications from the classes of antipsychotics, anti-depressants, antiepileptic drugs and benzodiazepines. His research includes coexisting anxiety and substance use disorders in bipolar patients.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/roNzy6
Scott Lane, Ph.D.
- Professor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, UTHealth Medical School
- Laboratory Director for the Center for Neurobehavioral Research on Addictions (CNRA), UTHealth Medical School
- Principal Investigator for the Substance Abuse Medication Development Research Center
Scott Lane, Ph.D., specializes in substance use disorders, antisocial personality disorders, psychopharmacology, aggression, decision making, impulsivity and working memory.
Cheryl Person, M.D.
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, UTHealth Medical School
- Director, Psychiatric Services, Harris Health System Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital
Cheryl Person, M.D., specializes in disaster psychology for victims and first responders, as well as disaster care for persons with psychiatric disabilities. She completed her residency in psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Hospital and her postdoctoral fellowship in psychiatric epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Her published studies and presentations have included risk factors for depression six months after a disaster, utilizing psychological first aid after Hurricane Katrina and psychiatric complications of medical issues and capacity to make medical decisions. She can also discuss general psychiatric issues.
Jennifer Reingle, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor of Epidemiology, Human Genetics & Environmental Services, UTHealth School of Public Health Dallas regional campus
Jennifer Reingle, Ph.D., specializes in criminal epidemiology, violent behavior, and intimate partner violence, as well as addiction and substance abuse. She can also talk about substance abuse in minority groups.
Jennifer Sanner, Ph.D., M.S.N, R.N.
- Assistant Professor of Nursing Systems, UTHealth School of Nursing
- Program Manager, BioBank of The Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences
Jennifer Sanner, Ph.D., M.S.N, R.N. specializes in genetic, depression, and women’s health research and is available to discuss the genetic link of heart disease, depression, and other conditions.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/Inro4c
Joy Schmitz, Ph.D.
- Professor, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, UTHealth Medical School
- Co-Director, Multidisciplinary Outpatient Intensive Treatment (MOTIVATE)
Joy Schmitz, Ph.D., specializes in the treatment of substance use disorders using behavior therapy and pharmacotherapy. Her clinical research includes treatments for cocaine and major depression; smoking cessation; bipolar disorder and substance abuse; and alcohol abuse.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/IZ8des
Jair Soares, M.D.
- Professor and Chairman, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, UTHealth Medical School
- Co-Director, UTHealth Center of Excellence on Mood Disorders
- Executive Director, University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center
- Chief of Psychiatry, Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Jair Soares, M.D., specializes in bipolar disorder, depression, brain imaging and psychopharmacology. His research includes discovering potential differences in the brains of people with bipolar disorder and the impact of pharmacological therapies on the brain using imaging.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/pYcQOE