UTHealth Expert List
Daniel Kim, M.D.
- Professor, Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director, Spine Surgery and Reconstructive Spinal and Peripheral Nerve Surgery, Mischer Neuroscience Institute, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Bioengineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Rice University
- Nancy, Clive and Pierce Runnells Distinguished Chair in Neuroscience of the Vivian L. Smith Center for Neurologic Research, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
Daniel Kim, M.D., is a world renowned expert in minimally invasive endoscopic spine surgeries. He has written three endoscopic spine surgery textbooks and trained many surgeons throughout the world. He is also recognized for his work in neurorehabilitation through robotics and cortical stimulation, spinal biomechanics, neuromodulation techniques for chronic pain, trauma surgery and the treatment of complex spine tumors.
Dong Kim, M.D.
- Professor and Chair, Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director, Mischer Neuroscience Institute at Memorial Hermann
- Chief of Neurosurgery, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and Chairman, Neurosurgery Council for the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System
Dong Kim, M.D., specializes in intracranial aneurysms, brain tumors, arteriovenous malformations, skull base tumors, carotid disease, trigeminal neuralgia and Chiari malformations. His research centers on the origin, development and treatment of brain aneurysms, including identifying the genes that lead to an inherited risk for aneurysms; in using stem cells for the treatment of neurologic disease and spinal cord injury; and genetic changes in brain tumors.