UTHealth Expert List
Deanna Hoelscher, Ph.D., R.D.
- John P. McGovern Professorship in Health Promotion, The University of Texas School of Public Health Austin Regional Campus, UTHealth
- Director, Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living, UTHealth
Deanna M. Hoelscher, Ph.D., RD, specializes in nutrition and physical activity programs for children; school-based obesity prevention programs; nutrition and physical activity related health policy; and measurement tools related to child nutrition and physical activity.
Previous Interview: http://abcn.ws/ofmuX5
Steven Kelder, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- Co-Director, Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living, UTHealth
- Beth Toby Grossman Professor in Spirituality and Healing, UTHealth
- Professor, Epidemiology, The University of Texas School of Public Health Austin Regional Campus, UTHealth
Kelder has more than 15 years experience in design and evaluation of child and adolescent research. He is available to discuss interventions designed for promotion of physical activity and healthy eating, obesity prevention and substance use prevention. He is one of the lead investigators of the CATCH project, a research-based program that guides elementary schools, families and children in being healthy, reaching more than a million Texas children and others in the United States and other countries.
Previous Interview: http://go.uth.edu/nwgjrjbf
Laura Moore, R.D., L.D.
- Dietetic Specialist, The University of Texas School of Public Health
- Director of the Dietetic Internship Program at the UT School of Public Health
- Faculty Member, Michael & Susan Dell Center for Health Living, UTHealth
Laura Moore, R.D., L.D., is a registered dietitian and director of the dietetic internship program at the UT School of Public Health. She can discuss nutrition, obesity risk factors, diabetes, hypertension, meal planning and preparation, diets and weight loss.
Previous interview: http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/good-gluten
Shreela Sharma, Ph.D., R.D.
- Assistant Professor of Epidemiology, The University of Texas School of Public Health, a part of UTHealth
- Assistant Director of the Dietetic Internship Program at the UT School of Public Health
- Faculty Member, Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living, UTHealth
Shreela Sharma, R.D., Ph.D., is a registered dietitian and can discuss risk factors of obesity among children, nutrition and physical activity.
Previous Interview: http://abcn.ws/Jfa2kC
Shannon Weston, M.P.H., R.D., L.D.
- Registered dietitian at UT Health Services, part of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Nursing
Shannon Weston, M.P.H., R.D., L.D., provides a variety of services from medical nutrition therapy to nutrition counseling. She specializes in general wellness, adult weight-loss and weight management, customized diet and lifestyle plans, meal planning and preparation, sports nutrition and nutrition therapy for health conditions related to obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
Carol Wolin-Riklin, MA, RD, LD
- Instructor, Department of Surgery, UTHealth Medical School
- Metabolic and Bariatric Nutrition Coordinator, UT Physicians’ Minimally Invasive Surgeons of Texas
Carol Wolin-Riklin, MA, RD, LD, specializes in nutrition research and education. She has experience in a variety of clinical settings including outpatient counseling and intensive care nutrition support. She works directly with researchers to design nutrition methodology for their protocols, devise and calculate protocol-specific diets and create nutrition-related educational materials. Her clinical practice includes working with patients at The University of Texas Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery Center.