UTHealth Expert List
Walter Lowe, M.D.
- Edward T. Smith, M.D. Chair in Orthopaedic Surgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Team Physician, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets and the University of Houston
- Medical Director, Ironman Sports Medicine Institute, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Walter Lowe, M.D., is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon with a subspeciality in sports medicine. Lowe studied under the legendary baseball doctor Frank Jobe, M.D., who pioneered a procedure to repair injured pitching arms called “Tommy John Surgery.” Dr. Lowe specializes in the care of injured knees, shoulders or elbows. He is a member of the National Football League Physicians Society and the Association of Professional Team Physicians.
Jocelyn Szeto, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Attending Physician, Memorial Hermann Ironman Sports Medicine Institute
Jocelyn Szeto, M.D., specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of sports or activity-related illnesses or injuries. Her clinical interests include ultrasound-guided procedures, concussion evaluation and management and the care of the female athlete. She received a medical degree from The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and completed a fellowship at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas, Greenville, South Carolina.
Media interview: http://go.uth.edu/KTRK_Szeto