UTHealth Expert List
Richard Andrassy, M.D.
- Jack H. Mayfield University Distinguished Chair in Surgery; Denton A. Cooley, M.D., Chair in Surgery; Dr. Thomas D. Cronin Chair in Plastic Surgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Chairman, Department of Surgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Executive Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Surgeon in Chief, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Richard Andrassy, M.D., is a board-certified surgeon with more than 40 years of experience. Dr. Andrassy's areas of specialty care include surgical oncology, hernia surgery, pediatric surgery and endocrine surgery. He is on the faculty of Minimally Invasive Surgeons of Texas.
Bryan Cotton, M.D., M.P.H.
- Associate Professor and Director Surgical Critical Care Fellowship, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Faculty Member, Center for Translational Injury Research, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Trauma Surgeon, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Bryan Cotton, M.D., M.P.H., specializes in the care of critically injured individuals. He’s leading a research project designed to find the best way to give blood transfusions to severely injured patients. He has written scholarly articles for multiple publications including the New England Journal of Medicine.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/Ie0Gsd
Walter Lowe, M.D.
- Edward T. Smith, M.D. Chair in Orthopaedic Surgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Team Physician, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets and the University of Houston
- Medical Director, Ironman Sports Medicine Institute, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Walter Lowe, M.D., is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon with a subspeciality in sports medicine. Lowe studied under the legendary baseball doctor Frank Jobe, M.D., who pioneered a procedure to repair injured pitching arms called “Tommy John Surgery.” Dr. Lowe specializes in the care of injured knees, shoulders or elbows. He is a member of the National Football League Physicians Society and the Association of Professional Team Physicians.
Soham Roy, M.D.
- Director of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Department of Otorhinolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Associate Professor, Department of Otorhinolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
Soham Roy, M.D., is an internationally recognized speaker and author who has given hundreds of lectures and published numerous scientific articles, book chapters and national research presentations. He is a recognized expert in operating room safety issues and serves as a consultant in the development of innovative and safer surgical devices.
Brad Snyder, M.D.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director, Clinical Research, Minimally Invasive Surgeons of Texas at the UT Specialty Surgery Center
- Director of Research, University of Texas Bariatric Surgery Center.
Brad Snyder, M.D., is a board-certified general surgeon with advanced training and expertise in laparoscopic surgery for general and bariatric surgery. He offers all standard bariatric surgeries through laparoscopy and incision less bariatric surgery.
Previous Interview: http://go.uth.edu/d3rjjff2