UTHealth Expert List
Pamela Berens, M.D.
- Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
Pamela Berens, M.D., specializes in obstetrics, gynecology, birth control options, menopause and breastfeeding. She is the contributing author and editor of the Physician Pocket Guide to Breastfeeding, published by the Texas Department of Health; and contributing author of What About Me: A Girl’s Guide to Health, published by The Women’s Fund for Health, Education and Research.
Previous Interview: http://abcn.ws/pnyeGn
Sean Blackwell, M.D.
- Emma Sue Hightower Development Board Professorship and The Berel Held, M.D., Professorship in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director, Larry C. Gilstrap M.D. Center for Perinatal and Women’s Health Research
- Assistant Dean, Healthcare Quality in Perinatal Medicine and Women's Health
- Attending Physician, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital
Sean Blackwell, M.D., specializes in maternal-fetal medicine and has clinical and scientific expertise in preterm birth, medical complications of pregnancy, role of obesity in pregnancy outcomes, pregnancy in women with physical disabilities, fetal brain injury and shoulder dystocia. He also is the UTHealth principal investigator for the Eunice Kennedy Shriver NICHD Maternal Fetal Medicine Units Network.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/nibojO
Roberta Ness, M.D., M.P.H.
- James W. Rockwell Professor in Public Health (Preventative Medicine and Epidemiology), UTHealth School of Public Health
- Vice President for Innovation, UTHealth
- Professor, Department of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Sciences, UTHealth School of Public Health
Roberta B. Ness, M.D., M.P.H., specializes in public health, innovation in teaching and women’s health issues such as reproductive organ health, maternal and fetal health, sexually transmitted diseases, ovarian cancer, pregnancy and nutrition.
Previous interview: http://go.uth.edu/WNPR_Ness
John Riggs, M.D.
- Dr. John T. Armstrong Professorship in Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Vice Chair, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Services, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Chief, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital
John Riggs, M.D., is board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology as well as clinical informatics. He is a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. In addition to his medical degree, he has a master’s degree in health informatics from the UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics. His research and clinical interests include gynecological surgery and health informatics. As chief medical informatics officer at Harris Health System, he implemented a comprehensive electronic patient medical record for its more than 40 locations – hospitals, health centers, clinics and specialty facilities.
Vanessa Schick, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Management, Policy and Community Health, UTHealth School of Public Health
Vanessa Schick, Ph.D., studies women’s sexual health, with a focus on bisexuality. She can also speak about the health disparities of gender and sexual minorities, issues of sexual identity and the behavioral mechanisms of sexually transmitted infections.
Previous Interview: http://go.uth.edu/Schick_WHYY