UTHealth Expert List
Family and Community Medicine
Pedro Aquino, M.D.
- Assistant professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine at the UTHealth Medical School.
- Medical staff member at the Lyndon Baines Johnson Hospital, which is a part of the Harris Health System
Pedro Aquino, M.D., is a primary care provider who is trained in both internal medicine and family medicine. He trains residents at the UTHealth Medical School and graduated from the University of Guadalajara in Mexico. He is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Grant Fowler, M.D.
- Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Family & Community Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Attending physician, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Grant Fowler, M.D., . is board-certified in family medicine, geriatrics and primary care sports medicine. Fowler co-edits the textbook “Procedures for Primary Care,” and teaches procedures for residents. He has been interviewed on a wide range of topics from influenza to medications. His areas of expertise include cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and procedures, especially preventive procedures such as cardiac testing, colposcopy, vasectomy and screening colonoscopy.
Previous interview: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/health&id=8968625
LaTanya Love, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Pediatrics, UTHealth Medical School
- Assistant Dean for Admission and Student Affairs, UTHealth Medical School
- Medical Director, UTHealth Student Health Services
- Associate Medical Director, Texas/Mexico Border Health Project
- Primary Care Physician with UT Physicians
LaTanya Love, M.D., is a pediatrician, mother of two and an expert on “mommy myths.” She also has a strong commitment to adult health issues, with a focus on preventive medicine. She has extensive experience as an on-air health expert, addressing healthcare topics that impact both children and adults.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/IZ93rA
Deepa Vasudevan, M.D., M.P.H.
- Associate Professor of Clinical Family Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Medical Director, UT Physicians Bellaire Multi-Specialty Clinic
Deepa A. Vasudevan, M.D., M.P.H., has a special interest in women’s health, adolescent health, non-surgical medical weight loss and specializes in metabolic issues related to South Asian Indian population groups. She is board-certified in both family medicine and bariatric medicine.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/pdEU1N