UTHealth Expert List
Family and Community Medicine
Pedro Aquino, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Medical Staff Member, Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital
Pedro Aquino, M.D., is a primary care provider who is trained in both internal medicine and family medicine. He trains residents at the UTHealth Medical School and graduated from the University of Guadalajara in Mexico. He is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Grant Fowler, M.D.
- Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Family and Community Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Attending Physician, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Grant Fowler, M.D., is board-certified in family medicine, geriatrics and primary care sports medicine. Fowler co-edits the textbook “Procedures for Primary Care,” and teaches procedures for residents. He has been interviewed on a wide range of topics from influenza to medications. His areas of expertise include cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and procedures, especially preventive procedures such as cardiac testing, vasectomy and screening colonoscopy.
Previous interview: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/health&id=8968625
LaTanya Love, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Pediatrics and Internal Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Assistant Dean, Admission and Student Affairs and Diversity and Inclusion, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Medical Director, UTHealth Student Health Services
- Associate Medical Director, Texas/Mexico Border Health Project
- Primary Care Physician, UT Physicians
LaTanya Love, M.D., is a pediatrician, mother of two and an expert on “mommy myths.” She also has a strong commitment to adult health issues, with a focus on preventive medicine. She has extensive experience as an on-air health expert, addressing healthcare topics that impact both children and adults.
Marilyn Murr, M.D.,
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Attending Physician, Harris Health System’s Margo Hilliard Alford Family Practice Same Day Clinic
Marilyn Murr, M.D., is a family practitioner providing comprehensive healthcare to people of all ages including routine checkups, health-risk assessments and personalized counseling for a healthy lifestyle. She is available to address a variety of primary care topics including how to lose weight, start an exercise program, identify the symptoms of viral gastroenteritis and detect bed bugs. The many conditions she treats include poison ivy, skin infections, sexually transmitted diseases and joint injuries. She received a medical degree and completed a family medicine residency at Baylor College of Medicine.
Deepa Vasudevan, M.D., M.P.H.
- Associate Professor, Clinical Family Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Medical Director, UT Physicians Bellaire Multi-Specialty Clinic
Deepa A. Vasudevan, M.D., M.P.H., has a special interest in women’s health, adolescent health, non-surgical medical weight loss and specializes in metabolic issues related to South Asian Indian population groups. She is board-certified in both family medicine and bariatric medicine.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/pdEU1N