UTHealth Expert List
Elda Ramirez, Ph.D., RN, FNP-BC, FAANP
- Director, Simulation and Clinical Performance Laboratory, UTHealth School of Nursing
- Professor of Clinical Nursing, Department of Acute and Continuing Care, UTHealth School of Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner, Department of Emergency Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
Elda Ramirez, Ph.D., RN, FNP-BC, FAANP, specializes in adult, pediatric and geriatric care. She is available to discuss acute care, emergency care; heat exhaustion and dehydration, common minor emergencies, injury prevention and Hispanic health issues. Ramirez is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/KhxbV1
Laura Rooney, DNP, RN, FNP-BC
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Nursing, UTHealth School of Nursing
- Health Care Provider at UT Health Services, the clinical practice of the UTHealth School of Nursing
Laura Rooney, DNP, RN, FNP-BC, is focused on providing high-quality primary health care with an emphasis on health promotion, illness prevention and health restoration. She can discuss a wide range of topics related to patient care including primary care, travel health and occupational medicine. As a graduate of Texas’ first Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program, Rooney also can discuss the role of DNPs in meeting the needs of the community by providing quality and cost-effective health care.
Jennifer Sanner, Ph.D., M.S.N, R.N.
- Assistant Professor of Nursing Systems, UTHealth School of Nursing
- Program Manager, BioBank of The Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences
Jennifer Sanner, Ph.D., M.S.N, R.N. specializes in genetic, depression, and women’s health research and is available to discuss the genetic link of heart disease, depression, and other conditions.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/Inro4c
Patricia L. Starck, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Dean, UTHealth School of Nursing
- Senior Vice President of Community Affairs, UTHealth
- Huffington Foundation Chair in Nursing Education Leadership
Patricia L. Starck, Ph.D., R.N., FAAN, is a recognized leader in nursing education. Dean Starck's accomplishments include more than 30 years of educational and administrative responsibilities combined with nearly 45 years of nursing experience. Starck is available to discuss nursing workforce issues, nursing education, ethics and health care delivery issues.
Jing Wang, Ph.D., M.P.H., R.N.
- Assistant professor in the Department of Nursing Systems at the UTHealth School of Nursing
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholar
Jing Wang, Ph.D., M.P.H., R.N., specializes in behavioral lifestyle intervention for type 2 diabetes patients with mobile technology-based self-monitoring. Dr. Wang is available for interviews in English and Mandarin.
Previous Interview: http://go.uth.edu/hkskzluy