UTHealth Expert List
Gabriel Aisenberg, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director, General Internal Medicine, Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital
Board-certified internist Gabriel Aisenberg, M.D., is trained to apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment and compassionate care of adults. Aisenberg graduated from the University of Buenos Aires School of Medicine and completed a residency in internal medicine at Sanatorio Mitre in Buenos Aires, followed by an infectious diseases fellowship at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and an internal medicine residency at the UTHealth Medical School. Aisenberg speaks fluent Spanish and has been interviewed by English and Spanish language radio and television stations. Aisenberg can also speak about the Ebola virus and the current outbreak.
Ibrahim Alava, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Otorhinolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
Ibrahim “Trey” Alava, M.D., specializes in new innovations in treatment of subglottic stenosis, endocrine head and neck surgery, skin cancers of the head and neck and all aspects of general otolaryngology. His research interests revolve around patient-centered outcomes and health care disparities in the underserved. He is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Pedro Aquino, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Medical Staff Member, Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital
Pedro Aquino, M.D., is a primary care provider who is trained in both internal medicine and family medicine. He trains residents at the UTHealth Medical School and graduated from the University of Guadalajara in Mexico. He is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Lauren Blieden, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Ruiz Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Medical Staff, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and the Robert Cizik Eye Clinic
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
Lauren Blieden, M.D, specializes in eye and vision care and can address a variety of vision problems. She has a special interest in glaucoma, a leading cause of blindness. Blieden completed a glaucoma fellowship at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami. She has a special interest in glaucoma in adults and children. Blieden speaks fluent Spanish and has done interviews with leading Spanish language television stations.
María Carlo, Ph.D.
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Children's Learning Institute, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
María Carlo, Ph.D., specializes in bilingualism and literacy development in children and adults, focusing on the cognitive processes underlying reading in a second language and in understanding the cross-language transfer of reading skills and how it affects the development of such skills.
Nicole Gonzales, M.D.
- Associate Professor, Department of Neurology, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Attending Physician, Mischer Neuroscience Institute, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Nicole R. Gonzales, M.D., researches neuroprotection in ischemic stroke, acute treatment of ischemic stroke and intracerebral hemorrhage, and stroke prevention and education. Her clinical interests include experimental treatments for intracerebral hemorrhage, neuroimaging and the natural history of intracerebral hemorrhage. She received the 2009 UTHealth Young Investigators Award for her work studying the medication pioglitazone for intracerebral hemorrhage.
Luis Ostrosky, M.D.
- Professor, Internal Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Associate Director, Infectious Diseases Fellowship, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Medical Director for Epidemiology, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Luis Z. Ostrosky, M.D., specializes in infectious diseases, including Ebola, hospital epidemiology, infection control, and fungal infections. Ostrosky is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Elda Ramirez, Ph.D., R.N.
- Professor of Clinical Nursing, Department of Acute and Continuing Care, UTHealth School of Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner, Department of Emergency Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
Elda Ramirez, Ph.D., R.N., specializes in adult, pediatric and geriatric care. She is available to discuss acute care, emergency care; heat exhaustion and dehydration, common minor emergencies, injury prevention and Hispanic health issues. Ramirez is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/KhxbV1
Carlos Roldan, M.D.
- Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
Carlos Roldan, M.D., specializes in adult and pediatric care. He is available to discuss emergency care, heat exhaustion, safety and injury prevention and common minor emergencies. He can also address pain management, environmental emergencies, tropical diseases and variety of other topics. Roldan is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Gisela Velasquez, D.D.S.
- Associate Professor of Pediatric Dentistry, UTHealth School of Dentistry
Gisela Velasquez, D.D.S., M.S., specializes in pediatric dental conditions such as infant oral health, childhood cavities, dental hygiene, dental trauma and cleft lip palate. Velasquez is available for interviews in English and Spanish.