Wellness at the UTHealth Auxiliary Enterprises - Recreation Center gears its operation to fit an individual's needs. Our objective is to provide variety in the areas of fitness, strength, health, safety, behavior modification, screening and follow-up services. Our programs and services may be open to to current Rec Center Members and/or Texas Medical Center Faculty, Staff, Residents, Students and Spouses. Please check specific activity for more information including eligibility requirements.
Personal & Group Training
Personal Training involves designing a workout plan to suit your individual needs. Your Personal Coach will assist you in attaining the goals you set for yourself based upon your Fitness Assessment. Half-Hour and One-Hour sessions are available with our staff. Please note we do not allow non-staff members to train at the Rec Center; however, accommodations may be possible in case of medical needs. For more information regarding this procedure, please see our policy.
- Initial Consult & Fitness Assessment:
Body Composition Analysis
Cardiovascular Endurance test
Muscular Strength / Endurance Test
(1) Personal Training Session
Our equipment orientations are designed to educate our members about proper use and safety of our free weights/resistance and cardiovascular equipment. Learn more about proper adjustment, safety precautions, movement and general program guidelines.
CPR/AED & First Aid Certification Courses
FREE for Current Rec Center Members! Each semester, the Rec Center offers varying incentive programs designed to help encourage, inspire and drive members to reach health-related goals.
- Biggest Loser Contest: Challenge yourself and compete to lose the highest percentage of weight to become the Biggest Loser! Interested? See details.
- Bench Press Competition: Test your strength and stamina by competing to lift the most weight in your sex/weight class. Think you can win?
- Get in the Zone: Increase your physical fitness by testing yourself to implement physical activity into daily routine. This program is typically offered in the spring. Check back for more information!
GENERAL WELLNESS INFORMATION