Student Health & Counseling Services
- Health insurance is mandated for all students
- We accept Academic Health Plan/Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan available through Auxiliary Enterprises or other private insurance.
- Your dependent can be seen through their insurance
- If you have an HMO please list one of our SHS doctors as PCP if you intend to use our clinic as your Primary Care
What is covered in your visit:
Most visits are covered by your Student Health fee. This will include any low complexity visits such as colds, urinary tract infections and conjunctivitis.
1 annual physical exam and Well Woman Exam is covered a year.
What may not be covered:
Any moderate or higher complexity visits:
- Multiple problems during a single visit
- Sore throat and abdominal pain
- More complex MD decision making
- Abdominal pain requiring physician to do multisystem exam, order several test, etc.
- Chest pain requiring an EKG
Your insurance is billed and you will be required to pay your co pay:
- Co Pay is waived if you have United Student Resources
- Laboratory test and imaging studies
- Will be billed to your insurance and you may have to meet your deductible
Please click the link below to view benefits offered for our students with the UT BCBS Student Insurance:
UT Health Insurance Plan 2014-2015 Brochure
*Please ask Student Health Services staff if you have any questions regarding billing*