The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston has established a Compliance Hotline and Web Report. The Compliance Hotline and Web Report are intended to supplement regular communication channels. Faculty and staff are encouraged to call the Compliance Hotline with questions concerning ethical or legal conduct or to discuss potentially improper actions, if they do not feel comfortable addressing these concerns through the normal administrative channels. The caller is not recorded, traced or identified, and the caller is not required to furnish his/her name. Information provided to the hotline is treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law. The Compliance Hotline and Web Report are available 24/7.
Compliance Hotline number: 1-888-472-9868
Compliance Web Report website: www.tnwinc.com/webreport.
You may also report suspected fraud, waste, and abuse to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General [800-HHS-TIPS (800-447-8477)] or the State Auditor's Office Hotline 800-TX-AUDIT (800-892-8348). The State Auditor's Office provides additional information at its website, http://sao.fraud.state.tx.us.
Why should you report suspected compliance concerns?
It is the individual responsibility of each UTHealth faculty and staff member to address ethical and/or compliance questions or concerns. Determining if you have an ethical or compliance issue can be complex. Follow the checklist below to determine if you have an ethical or compliance issue:
- Does the action comply with The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston’s policies and procedures?
- Is the action legal?
- How would the action look to your family, friends, and community if published on the front page of the newspaper or broadcast on the news?
- Is the action fair & honest?
The university maintains several methods by which a compliance report may be made:
- Make a report through the normal administrative channels (i.e., reporting to the appropriate supervisor).
- Make a report through the Compliance Hotline (1-888-472-9868).
- Make a report to the Chief Compliance Officer or other staff member of the Office of Institutional Compliance, either by letter, by telephone, by e-mail, or by meeting.
- Make a report through the designated UTHealth Compliance E-mail address: email@example.com.
- Make a report through the designated “Web Reporting” website: www.tnwinc.com/webreport.
- Make a report in an exit interview statement given upon the conclusion of employment at UTHealth.
If you have questions about the Compliance Hotline or the Web Report, please contact the Office of Institutional Compliance at 713-500-3294.