Research Institutes & Centers
UTHealth comprises six schools and several centers and institutes whose work aligns with the university's mission of education, research and clinical care.
The Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine for the Prevention of Human Diseases (IMM) is focused on the study and prevention of diseases at the genetic, cellular and molecular levels using DNA, protein technologies and animal models.
The goal of the Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences (CCTS) is to facilitate clinical and translational research at UTHealth, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and the Memorial Hermann Hospital System. The CCTS is one of the original 12 centers funded by the National Institutes of Health’s Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSAs).
The John Ritter Research Program is working to prevent premature deaths due to thoracic aortic disease by improving diagnosis, treatment and public awareness.
We facilitate scientific research and collaborative efforts in the neurosciences, creating an atmosphere of scientific exchange through multiple routes.
The Children’s Learning Institute combines data and studies from the fields of psychology, neurodevelopment, education and child development to provide proven learning solutions derived from, and supported by, documented research. The Children’s Learning Institute strives to be the preeminent source for proven clinical and educational programs covering early childhood through adolescence.
The Center for Healthcare Quality and Safety conducts research that generates new knowledge about how to improve the quality and safety of healthcare. The center actively disseminates their findings and facilitates educational programs designed to train researchers and caregivers on how to improve care.
The Center for Translational Injury Research (CeTIR) leads the research and development of next-generation medical technologies related to hemostasis, resuscitation and computerized decision support for trauma patients.
- Center for Advanced Heart Failure
- Center for Cardiovascular Biology and Atherosclerosis Research
- Center for Clinical Research & Evidence Based Medicine
- Center for Human Development Research
- Center for Membrane Biology
- Center for Neurobehavioral Research on Addiction
- Center for Surgical Trials & Evidence-Based Practice (C-STEP)
- Center of Excellence on Mood Disorders
- Chemical Immunology Research Center
- Gulf States Hemophilia & Thrombophilia Center
- John P. McGovern, MD, Center for Humanities and Ethics
- Keck Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory
- Structural Biology Research Center
- Surgical and Clinical Skills Center
- Weatherhead PET Imaging Center
School of Biomedical Informatics:
- Center for Biosecurity & Public Health Informatics Research
School of Dentistry:
School of Nursing
School of Public Health
- Center for Health Promotion & Prevention Research
- The University of Texas Prevention Research Center
- Center for Health Services Research
- Center for Infectious Diseases
- Center for Innovation Generation
- Coordinating Center for Clinical Trials
- George McMillan Fleming Center for Healthcare Management
- Hispanic Health Disparities Research Center
- Hispanic Health Research Center
- Human Genetics Center
- Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living
- Southwest Center for Occupational & Environmental Health
- Texas Public Health Training Center
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- Students and faculty collaborate with the centers and institutes of the other five schools as well as many at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.